Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower: Surabaya's Most Stunning Skyscraper!

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower: Surabaya's Most Stunning Skyscraper!

WHOA! Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower: Surabaya's Skyscraper That Actually Made Me GASP (And Then Take a Nap!)

Okay, okay, listen up. I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Surabaya, and let me tell you, the Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower lived up to its name. Seriously. I'm not usually one for gushing about hotels – I'm more of a "functional bed, decent coffee" kinda gal – but this place… this place got me. Let's dive into this, shall we? Be warned, though, this review might wander a bit. My brain's still processing the sheer size of the place. Plus, I’m still recovering from the amazing spa.

First Impressions (and the Elevator Anxiety)

Forget the little brochures; the first thing that hits you? The sheer height. This skyscraper practically punches the sky. Getting there was a breeze, thankfully. Accessibility seemed pretty good – I saw ramps and elevators everywhere. That's a big win for easy check-in. It was a seriously slick operation.

The elevator… well, that was an experience. I’m not a huge fan of heights, and the speed of the elevator was something else. The views are incredible, but honestly, my stomach did a few loop-de-loops. I did appreciate the fact that the elevators were also accessible – I could see clear signage and space for wheelchairs or luggage, but more importantly, the staff were prepared. They were helpful, patient and understanding! I felt safe.

The Room: My Own Personal Cloud Nine

My room? Glorious. Absolutely glorious. The Wi-Fi [free] was fast, thankfully, because I needed to immediately share my epic view with the world. Air conditioning blasting beautifully, which was a godsend, and blackout curtains that actually worked! No squinting at the sun trying to figure out what time it is. Bliss. The extra-long bed was an absolute lifesaver. I am six feet tall, and can never find a comfy bed. The complimentary tea and coffee maker were a much-appreciated touch, though maybe a little more milk-friendly?

The bathroom was a winner. The shower was powerful, the toiletries were decent, and the bathrobes were fluffy enough to get lost in. And that view! I swear, I spent an hour just staring out the window that opens. It truly was a moment. This place did have non-smoking rooms, which was great.

Accessibility and Amenities: Making Life Easier

The hotel is incredibly accessible. The elevator was easy to use, everything was easy to find. They have facilities for disabled guests, which I saw in action! The staff are trained, and go out of their way to assist.

Let's talk about Internet. Free Wi-Fi [free] in the rooms (and Wi-Fi in public areas) was a must-have for me. I also saw Internet [LAN] available for those who prefer a wired connection. All modern.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food!

Okay, so the restaurants are a big deal here. I’m a total foodie, so trust me on this: you will eat well.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: The buffet was HUGE. Seriously. Every possible breakfast food you could imagine, including a surprisingly good Asian breakfast. There’s a dedicated Vegetarian restaurant nearby, too.
  • Restaurants: They have a lot of options, with international cuisine, western cuisine and a coffee shop to sit at for hours.
  • Room service [24-hour]: This is an absolute lifesaver. Late-night cravings? Sorted.
  • Poolside bar: The pool with view is beautiful, and the poolside bar offers a wonderful selection of drinks.

There's a Snack bar too, so plenty of options!

Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone?

Okay, the spa. Oh, the spa. This is where things get really good. I went for the full works.

  • Massage: They have a variety of massages. It was divine. I opted for the deep tissue!
  • Spa/Sauna: They have a lovely spa layout, although I opted for the massage.
  • Pool with view: The outdoor pool is beautiful, and provides a gorgeous view.

I was also tempted by the Body scrub and Body wrap, but I was already melting into a puddle of relaxation. The whole area was spotless!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Pampered

I am ALWAYS aware of cleanliness and safety. And here? They nailed it.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products
  • Daily disinfection in common areas
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Rooms sanitized between stays
  • Safe dining setup
  • Staff trained in safety protocol

It made me feel really comfortable, and allowed me to kick back and relax.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

The hotel seems to have everything you could need.

  • 24-hour front desk
  • Concierge
  • Dry cleaning
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Laundry Service
  • Luggage storage
  • Cash withdrawal
  • Gift shop

It’s a really convenient hotel, making things simple!

Things to Do: Beyond the Room Service (If You Can Bear to Leave)

I was so happy in my room I didn’t leave much.

  • Fitness center
  • Gym/fitness
  • Meeting/banquet facilities
  • Indoor and outdoor venue for special events

For the Kids and Couples

  • Babysitting service.
  • Couple's room,
  • Proposal spot,

This place feels like it caters to everyone.

Getting Around

  • Airport transfer
  • Car park [free of charge]
  • Taxi service
  • Valet parking

Getting to and from the hotel was a breeze.

The Imperfections (Because Nobody's Perfect)

Okay, here's my one tiny quibble: sometimes the service was a touch slow. But honestly, they were always friendly and helpful, so it wasn't a big deal. This place is huge, and the staff are absolutely lovely.

The Verdict: Book It! Book It Now!

Look, the Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place where you can lose yourself in the amazing views, get seriously pampered, and eat your weight in delicious food. It caters for everyone, and offers luxury and comfort.

My Emotional Reaction: I was initially skeptical, but I left feeling blissfully relaxed, utterly impressed and completely converted.

Final Rating: 9.5/10 (minus half a point for the slightly slow service! But honestly, it was perfect otherwise.)


STOP SCROLLING! Special Offer for YOU!

Ready to experience the Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower for yourself?

Here's the deal:

  • Book your stay through the link below and get a FREE upgrade to a room on and receive a 20% Discount on the Spa!
  • Plus, receive a complimentary welcome drink upon arrival!
  • Valid for stays of 2 nights or more.

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Surabaya and the Jaw-Dropping Gunawangsa Tidar Tower await! BOOK YOUR STAY NOW!

(Insert Booking Link Here)

P.S. Seriously, book the spa. You won't regret it. And tell them I sent you! 😉

Escape to Paradise: Sarovar's Nest Alibaug Awaits!

Book Now

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly-curated Pinterest itinerary. This is real life, Gunawangsa Tidar Tower edition, Surabaya, Indonesia. Get ready for the glorious mess.

Gunawangsa Gauntlet: A Surabaya Survival Guide (and Maybe Some Fun)

Day 1: Arrival & Apartment Angst (Lots of Angst)

  • 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM: The "Dream" Arrival. Ugh, the flight. Always the flight. Delayed, cramped, and smelling faintly of airplane peanuts. Arrived at Juanda International Airport, greeted by that classic Indonesian humidity that slaps you in the face like a wet towel. Immediately regretted my decision to wear skinny jeans. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?
  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Taxi Trouble. Negotiating a taxi was a blood sport. Apparently, my "broken Indonesian" and even my best Indonesian are not good enough to convince taxi drivers to not try and fleece me. Ended up overpaying. Already feeling like a tourist target. sigh.
  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Gunawangsa Tidar Tower – The "Luxury" Reveal. Okay, the lobby looked impressive. Marble, air conditioning, the works. But then… the apartment. Let's just say the photos on the website were heavily, heavily filtered. "Modern amenities" translated to "dodgy internet connection and a shower that alternates between freezing and scalding." The view, though? Staring out over the city and the surrounding areas.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Settling In & Panic. Unpacking. Fighting with the air conditioning. Hunting down the elusive Wi-Fi password (eventually found it scribbled on a sticky note behind the TV). I swear, I spent half the morning contemplating a return flight. Was this a mistake? Should I have stayed in the safe, predictable embrace of my own bed? Yes and yes.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch Fiasco. Brave the Surabaya heat to the nearest warung. Ordered something called "Nasi Rawon." Looked delicious, smelled amazing, but tasted… intense. Like rich, beefy umami explosion with a hint of something I couldn't quite identify. Loved it. But definitely needed about three liters of water immediately afterward.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Gym Shenanigans. The gym looked like it hadn't seen a good cleaning since the building opened. The treadmill was… questionable. Decided to stick to the elliptical, which, miraculously, still seemed to function. Felt smug to do some exercise after the stress of the morning.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Nap Time (Necessary). The humidity, the travel, the Nasi Rawon… it all took its toll. A solid nap was crucial. Woke up feeling marginally less grumpy.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner & Internet Battle. Ordered some delivery (thank god for GrabFood!). Ate my meal while battling the aforementioned dodgy internet. The struggle is real, people. The struggle is very real.
  • 7:00 PM - Onward: Netflix and Existential Dread. The day ended by getting lost in the abyss of Netflix, wondering what the point of all this was.

Day 2: Surabaya Soul Searching (and More Nasi Goreng)

  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast Bliss (and a Little Panic). Toasting bread was easy. Coffee situation, less so. Decided to embrace the chaos. Had some instant Indonesian coffee. It was… okay. Felt like I was starting the day right.
  • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: A Wandering Walk. The plan was to walk around the surrounding area. Went to a nearby shopping centre. And then got lost. Found a local market – vibrant, loud, sensory overload. Admired the locals as they bartered for products.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch (Nasi Goreng Redemption). Found a little warung, same as the previous day. Decided to go for the classic Nasi Goreng. So much better than the other day.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Exploring the Old Town. Went to a small historical district. Not much there, to be honest.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner (Warung Repeat). Back to the warung for another round of Nasi Goreng. No regrets.
  • 7:00 PM - Onward: Another evening spent staring out the window pondering life.

Day 3: BROMO!!! (and a Complete Physical Collapse)

  • 3:00 AM: Wake-up. What. Was. I. Thinking? The Bromo sunrise trip was booked. Had to be ready to go.
  • 4:00 AM: Ready. At least I thought I was.
  • 5:00 AM: On the road. A VERY bumpy road. The jeep ride to Mount Bromo. The driver was a maniac, but the scenery was breathtaking.
  • 6:00 AM: Climbing! The views were unreal. The volcano was majestic. The sunrise was otherworldly. It was beautiful. Worth every second.
  • 7:00 AM: The Descent of Doom. My legs felt like jelly. Every step was a struggle. I was panting like a dog. I seriously considered crawling.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast: Hot coffee and fried bananas. Pure bliss.
  • 9:00 AM: The return trip. Arrived back at the apartment.
  • 10:00 AM - Onward: I basically spent the rest of the day in a state of horizontal collapse.

Day 4: The Melodrama of Departure

  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Farewell Warung. One last Nasi Goreng to say goodbye to the neighbourhood.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Packing & Regret. Packing. Should have stayed longer. What have I done?
  • 12:00 PM: Checkout & Taxi Tango. The dreaded taxi dance. The whole process was exhausting.
  • 2:00 PM: The Airport. The final airport. Good bye, Surabaya.
  • Every remaining second: Reflecting on all the good, all the bad, and wondering what I would have done better.

Final Thoughts:

Gunawangsa Tidar Tower. Surabaya. It was messy. It was imperfect. It was… an adventure. It wasn't always pretty, sometimes it was downright awful, but I wouldn't trade it. Would I go back? Maybe. But next time, I'm packing better insect repellent and a stronger tolerance for dodgy internet. And maybe, just maybe, learning a few more phrases in Bahasa Indonesia. Or not. Who knows. Part of the fun is figuring it out along the way, right?

Escape to Santiago: Unforgettable Stay at Tralkan B&B

Book Now

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa Tidar: My Love-Hate Relationship with Surabaya's Skyscraper!

Okay, spill the tea: Is Gunawangsa Tidar *really* as amazing as everyone says?

Oh my god, the million-dollar question! Depends on the day, honestly. It's...impressive. Okay? HUGE. Towering above everything else. You can't *not* be awestruck the first time you see it. I remember the first time... I was driving up (lost, naturally, Surabaya traffic is an Olympic sport) and BAM! There it was. My jaw actually *did* drop, just like the marketing team promised. But then you see the little things... the slightly wonky signage, the elevators that sometimes take a *decade* to arrive... So, amazing? Yes. Flawless? Absolutely not. It's got character, let's just say that. Like, the kind of character that occasionally makes you want to scream. But in a fun way? Sort of? Ugh, I'm already rambling.

What's the deal with the views? Are they Instagrammable?

Instagrammable? Honey, you could practically *live* on Instagram with those views! From up there, Surabaya looks...well, smaller. The city sprawls out before you, all twinkling lights at night. I once took a date up there (more on that later…let's say it involved a very awkward elevator ride and a dodgy water stain on the ceiling of the restaurant). The sunset? Epic. Perfect for pictures. But remember, the Instagram filter is your friend – those distant factories aren't quite as glamorous in real life. But overall, yes, the views are the main event.

Let's talk about the location. Is it convenient? Annoying?

Okay, location. This is where things get REAL. Strategically, it's pretty darn good. Close-ish to the city center, easy access to highways…in theory. BUT (and this is a big but), Surabaya traffic is a beast. Getting in and out can be a nightmare. I've spent longer in traffic getting to Gunawangsa Tidar than I have on actual dates *inside* Gunawangsa Tidar. And parking? Forget about it. It’s like a Hunger Games competition. You've been warned. The convenience factor depends entirely on your Zen level and your tolerance for honking horns. I, personally, have neither.

Okay, so the elevators... I've heard things. Spill the tea!

THE ELEVATORS. Oh, the elevators. They're a whole saga. I have *stories*. The most harrowing one? My aforementioned date. We were leaving the "romantic" restaurant (with the dodgy water stain, yeah) and waited...and waited...and waited. Fifteen minutes. Then, some people jammed in, and we got stuck between floors. For another ten minutes. It was a claustrophobic, awkward, silent hellscape. We eventually limped back to the ground floor, where my date looked at me and said, "Well, this is... memorable." Let's just say the date didn't continue. I’m convinced those elevators are powered by gremlins. Some days they work fine. Other days, it's a lottery. Seriously, pack a book. Or perhaps a parachute.

What about the amenities? Swimming pool, gym, all that jazz?

They have the usual suspects! A pool (which is lovely, when it's not overcrowded), a gym (which I've only *looked* at from the outside), and some shops. It’s all there to make you feel like you're living in a little, contained, skyscraper-y world. But are they *amazing*? Nah. They're fine. Functional. The pool can get pretty packed on weekends. The gym... well, I suspect the equipment is probably used more as a place to hang out rather than actually work out. The shops are convenient for last-minute groceries, but the selection is a bit meh. Let's just say, don't expect the Four Seasons, alright? It's more like... a slightly-above-average apartment complex.

Is it expensive to live/stay there?

"Expensive" is a relative term, right? Compared to a shack in the rice paddies? Yes. Compared to a penthouse in Monaco? No. It’s definitely on the more expensive end of the Surabaya spectrum. Renting or buying an apartment will set you back a pretty penny. Short-term stays in the hotel suites? Expect to shell out too! You are paying for the view, the status, and the…well, the *idea* of living the high life. Look, if you've got the budget, go for it. Just be prepared for the occasional elevator-related trauma.

Any hidden gems or things to watch out for?

Hidden gems... hmm. Okay, the rooftop bar, when it's open, is pretty cool. Good cocktails, great views, even if the music sometimes sounds like elevator muzak. Watch out for... the wind! Seriously, it can be a bit crazy up there. And the aforementioned elevator issues. Also, be prepared for a lot of people taking selfies. You'll be a celebrity, if you go there too - especially if you're with a date that won't last! Also, always check for events!

Would you recommend Gunawangsa Tidar? Be honest!

Okay, my final verdict. Honestly? It's complicated. There are moments of sheer, undeniable brilliance. The view, the sense of being *above* it all (both literally and figuratively), the sheer audacity of the thing...they're all compelling. But the traffic, the elevators, the occasional wonkiness? They can be a real buzzkill. So, yes I recommend it, with a giant caveat: go in with your eyes open, a sense of humor, and maybe a comfortable pair of shoes for when the elevators are acting up. And probably bring a rescue kit, just in case, I don't know. Maybe. You might end up being one of the skyscraper's famous tales.

Findelicious Hotels

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia

Gunawangsa tidar tower c Surabaya Indonesia