
Unbelievable Hạ Long Bay Homestay: Duli Duli Awaits!
Unbelievable Hạ Long Bay Homestay: Duli Duli Awaits! – Or Does It? A Brutally Honest Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to drown you in the nitty-gritty of Unbelievable Hạ Long Bay Homestay: Duli Duli Awaits! – and I'm talking everything. Forget your perfectly curated travel blogs; this is the real deal, folks. Expect some rambles, a few tangents, and the unvarnished truth. Because let's be honest, "unbelievable" is a HIGH bar, and I'm here to see if Duli Duli actually clears it.
First Impressions & Getting There: Can I Actually Get There? (Accessibility, Airport Transfer)
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. This is something Duli Duli needs to be crystal clear about. I saw Facilities for disabled guests, so that's promising, but the devil's in the details, right? Detailed accessibility information on their site is a MUST folks! Elevator is listed as a yes, which is a huge plus, especially if you end up on a high floor. Knowing about access to restaurants and common areas is critical. And of course, the Airport transfer is handy. Gotta get there somehow! The fact that they offer it is great, but I want to know the price. The Taxi service is standard, but does it include a ride to the actual ferry? That's critical.
The Rooms: My Personal Fortress (Available in all rooms)
Okay, let's dissect the room situation. Air conditioning? Praise the heavens! (Vietnam is hot, people, hot). Free Wi-Fi? Check! (And they have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Double check!) Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, Interconnecting room(s) available, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens… Phew! That's a list! And if I see In-room safe box, that will definitely make me sleep a lot better.
I'm particularly excited about the Coffee/tea maker – gotta have that morning caffeine fix. The Blackout curtains are crucial because I'm a light sleeper. And the Extra long bed? Bless their hearts for those who like a bit of legroom. This all sounds promising, but I need to see the execution. Are the outlets modern? Does the shower actually have good water pressure? Are the towels fluffy or the sandpaper kind? These are the REAL questions!
The Food Scene: Will My Stomach Survive? (Dining, drinking, and snacking)
Alright, food! This is where things can get really interesting. Duli Duli appears to be a food-lover's paradise, or a recipe for disaster. Let's see. They have A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Seriously, that's a lot! Asian cuisine is a must in Vietnam, so fingers crossed it's authentic and delicious. The Buffet can be a mixed bag, but it's convenient. The 24-hour room service is my absolute jam. Midnight Pad Thai? Yes, please! The Poolside bar is a total win. I'm picturing myself sipping a cocktail while watching the sunset over Ha Long Bay. Bliss.
Important Note: If they can nail the Coffee Shop – that's a big deal for me. Nothing kills a vacation faster than bad coffee. And I demand a decent Dessert selection.
I'm kinda worried about the Salad in restaurant because, yeah, that's where the food poisoning usually starts. But hey, at least they have Bottle of water!
The Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and Serious Chill Time (ways to relax, Spa)
Okay, this is where Duli Duli could really shine. They boast a Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. WOAH. That's a whole lot of pampering!
Pool with view? Yes, please! That's the dream. A Spa is a must-have for me, I'll definitely be eyeing that Sauna and Steamroom! I'm also intrigued by the Foot bath. I can almost feel my stress melting away…
But here's the thing: It's easy to list all these amenities. It's another thing to deliver. Are the massages any good? Is the pool actually clean? Is the gym functional? Don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful that they're killing it.
Safety and Cleanliness: Is it Germ-Free Zone? (Cleanliness and safety)
This is HUGE, especially in today's world. Duli Duli better be on point. I'm looking for: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available (because, you know, some people are weird about it), Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
These things are non-negotiable. I'm also keeping an eye out for CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour]. Peace of mind is priceless, and these tell me they actually care.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Make a Difference (Services and conveniences)
Alright, let's see what else they offer. Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
This is a solid list! I love the Concierge – perfect for getting local tips and booking tours. The Currency exchange is super handy. Laundry service? Yes, please! I hate doing laundry on vacation. Having Contactless check-in/out is a HUGE bonus. As far as I am concerned.
For the Kids: Kid-Friendly or Kid-Avoidant? (For the kids)
Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Kids meal, Kids facilities. Well that is great, Duli Duli seems to be set up for families.
Getting Around: Can I Get Out and Explore? (Getting around)
Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, Valet parking. All good! The Car park [free of charge] is a big win!
Internet: Can I Actually Connect? (Internet)
Okay, let's get down to the details. They offer Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That's the bare minimum. I want it to be reliable, fast, and available. Nothing worse than agonizingly slow hotel Wi-Fi.
Things to do and See (Things to do)
Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery This is a great place to conduct business and is great that they offer this.
The Verdict: Duli Duli – Unbelievable or Just…Believable?
Alright, so here's the bottom line: Duli Duli sounds promising. They have a LOT of the right ingredients: great rooms, potentially delicious food, spa facilities, solid safety measures, and a good array of services.
BUT.
I need to see the proof. I need to experience the reality. I need to know if the staff are genuinely welcoming, if the service is efficient, and if the whole place has that "wow
Bogotá's BEST Parking Included Studio: Steal This Deal!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into my (slightly chaotic) Halong Bay adventure at Duli Duli Homestay. Prepare for a glorious, messy, and utterly unfiltered look at my Vietnam escapade.
Operation: Sun, Sand, and Slightly Too Much Vietnamese Coffee - Duli Duli Homestay, Halong Bay, Vietnam
(Because "Operation: Smooth Sailing" NEVER happens with me.)
Day 1: Arrival. Oh, the Arrival.
Morning (ish - let's be honest, it was more like late morning): Arrived at Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi). Jetlag? Oh, that’s my best friend. The airport was a whirlwind of smells (mostly delicious Pho wafting from nearby stalls, but also… well, let's just say "unique" air fresheners), vibrant colors, and a general sense of organized chaos. Grabbed a pre-pre-breakfast (because I had eaten breakfast already, but needed more), a Banh Mi from a street vendor. This, friends, was love at first bite. I’m already planning my comeback for that Banh Mi.
Afternoon (aka the "Lost in Translation" Hour): The transfer to Halong Bay. I'd pre-booked a shuttle, because, you know, efficiency. Except the driver spoke about as much English as my cat. Which is to say, not a word. We played the game of "point and gesture" for the entire four-hour journey. At one point, I was convinced he was trying to sell me his brother's scooter. I’m still not sure. Maybe I should have bought it, though. It looked pretty cool. We passed rice paddies. Then more rice paddies. Then even MORE rice paddies. This country is absolutely beautiful.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: The Duli Duli Debacle! Arrived at Duli Duli, and let me tell you, the pictures online did NOT do it justice. In the best possible way, of course. Duli Duli is more than just a homestay, it's like stumbling into a secret garden overflowing with bougainvillea, friendly faces, and the promise of a thousand adventures. The owners, a super-charming couple named Mai and… I'm drawing a blank on her spouse's name, although he goes by "Mr. B." (I'm not kidding), greeted me with a smile wider than Halong Bay itself. They offered me the sweetest welcome drinks imaginable, fresh fruit, and just a general sense of, 'This is going to be great.' I went to my room, and I loved it. It's super minimal, and the sheets had been washed with something fragrant, but not overpowering.
Evening: Food, Glorious Food (and a near-meltdown). Dinner at Duli Duli. Food in Vietnam is a love language, and I'm fluent now. Seriously. Every dish was exploding with flavor. The spring rolls were crispy perfection, the pho was soul-warming, and the fish… oh, the fish! I inhaled it. It was almost a religious experience. I was SO hungry, but after eating, I was SO tired! And, as I was trying to stay awake, I felt like I was going to faint. Mai noticed, and she made me some ginger tea. It was so kind of her. After a few more minutes of talking (I think I was being interesting!) I eventually went to bed.
Day 2: Cruise Control (Mostly) and the Unforgettable Kayak Fiasco
Morning: Cruise Time! Woke up (after a VERY sound sleep. The room was dark, quiet, and perfect), and was promptly whisked away on a day cruise around Halong Bay. This is where the "spectacular" truly lives up to its name. The limestone karsts rising from the emerald waters? Unreal. It’s like a painting come to life, except you can actually be IN the painting! Did all the cliche tourist stuff on the cruise: saw the cave (pretty cool, but I probably saw it in the wrong order, as it was my first time seeing a cave), kayaked (more on THAT later), and ate a ton of seafood (again, glorious!). I'm obsessed with the ocean!
**Afternoon: The Kayak Catastrophe (aka "How I Almost Died in a Kayak, Dramatically" ** This is where things took a turn, a very hilarious turn. We were given kayaks to explore a hidden lagoon. "Piece of cake," I thought. Famous last words. Turns out, I am not, in fact, a skilled kayaker. The wind picked up, the current decided to mock me, and I spent a good thirty minutes paddling in circles, slowly drifting further and further away from the group. I briefly considered faking my death, just to be rescued. Eventually, with much flailing, cursing (mostly under my breath, I think), and pure determination, I managed to get back. I’m still not sure how I did it. The sheer terror made me laugh, though. I was so very proud of my effort, I actually felt a bit more at peace. I should have just gone kayaking again, but I was done.
Evening: Sunset & Serenity. Back at Duli Duli, I watched the sunset paint the sky in orange, pink, and purple hues, sitting on the rooftop. With a cold beer in hand, a good book, and the memory of my kayaking near-death experience fresh in my mind. Pure bliss. The world felt less… complicated.
Day 3: Back to Earth (and a Second Wind)
Morning: The Mystery Meal. Mai made me the most amazing breakfast. She offered it to me as a "Mystery Meal", which, for a foodie such as myself, felt heaven-sent. I didn't know what it was going to be, but I was ready to try it. She handed me a bowl full of beautiful pieces of a soup, and I was so happy. I went back to my room and started to pack.
Afternoon: Farewell (For Now!) Said my goodbyes to Mai and Mr. B. (and the whole staff at Duli Duli, who felt like family), and began the trek back to Hanoi. I left a piece of my heart in that place.
Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:
- The Vietnamese Coffee. Strong. So very, very strong. I developed a slight caffeine tremor. Worth it.
- The Smiles: Everywhere. The Vietnamese people are some of the kindest, most welcoming people I've ever met.
- The Gecko Dilemma: I've developed a love/hate relationship with geckos. They are everywhere, and while I appreciate their insect-eating prowess, they also tend to make me jump a mile.
- My Emotional Rollercoaster: From pure, unadulterated joy at the beauty of Halong Bay to sheer panic in a kayak, this trip was a masterclass in managing my own chaotic emotional landscape. But hey, isn't that what travel is all about?
Final Thoughts:
Duli Duli Homestay. Go. Just go. Don't think about it. Book it. Pack your bags. Because it's more than just a place to stay; it's an experience that will recalibrate your soul. And who knows, maybe you'll even learn to kayak without nearly drowning. (I'm still working on that one.) This was a trip I will never forget.
Goa's BEST Kept Secret? Kay's Calangute Resort Awaits!
Duli Duli Awaits! Uh... What Exactly *Is* Duli Duli? (And Should You Actually Go?)
Alright, spill the tea: What *is* Duli Duli Homestay? ‘Cause the name’s… well, it’s something.
Okay, so Duli Duli is a homestay in Hạ Long Bay, Vietnam. *Technically*. Think "rustic charm" meets "potentially questionable plumbing" in a breathtaking setting. Picture vibrant, slightly faded paint, a balcony that *kinda* leans over the water, and the promise of freshly caught seafood. The name? Honestly? I still don't know. It's part of the *charm* (or maybe the mystery). I swear, the first time I saw it, I thought I'd misread the sign. Duli Duli... It sticks, though. Like that song you hate but can't get out of your head. And yes, you *should* go… but maybe bring your own toilet paper.
Location, Location, Location! Where. The. Heck. Is this thing? And is it *actually* on the water?
Okay, so, it's *in* Hạ Long Bay. Specifically, on… oh jeez, I forgot the exact island name. It's that one! The slightly less crowded one. It's *on* the water, yes! And when they say "on the water," they mean *right* on the water. Your balcony *literally* overhangs the turquoise goodness. One morning I went to have coffee—and let me tell you, there was a *massive* storm the night before, and the water looked like chocolate milk thanks to all the churned up mud. I swear, half the deck was submerged! It was kinda terrifyingly beautiful. That’s the honest truth. Just… don't expect a pristine beach. Think more like, a 'fisherman's wharf' vibe. Which, you know, has its own kind of magic.
The Rooms: Cozy Shack or Luxury Suite? Be honest, now.
Okay, this is where things get… *real*. Luxury suite? Nope. Cozy shack with incredible potential? Bingo. The rooms are basic. Very basic. Think simple beds, mosquito nets (thank GOD), and a bathroom that's... well, let's just call it "functional." My first room—oh man, I still have flashbacks. The aircon *hissed* more than it cooled. And the shower… the water pressure was like a toddler's pee. But! The view. The view. You step out onto that balcony and BAM! Hạ Long Bay at its finest. And honestly after a long day of kayaking and exploring, who cares about perfect plumbing? Plus, they have these amazing, super-sturdy hammocks. I practically lived in mine.
Food, Glorious Food! What’s the grub like? Any chance of getting food poisoning?
The food… is a gamble. *A glorious, delicious gamble!* They cook fresh seafood, often caught that day. The clams? Amazing! The grilled fish? Heaven. The spring rolls? Perfect. The service? Let’s just call it “relaxed.” Expect some down time while the food preparations are underway. They’re not exactly known for their speed. But the food is worth the wait, I promise. Food poisoning? It's always a risk when you're eating in a less-than-pristine environment. I personally (and I’m not a doctor!) got away scot-free, but I saw other people who were not so lucky. Always a good idea to bring some anti-diarrheal meds, just in case. Better safe than sorry, folks. Also, ask about the "mystery meat" ahead of time. Just be sure. And make sure you're not like me, and accidentally eat a whole plate of super spicy chilies! Argh, my mouth!
Seriously though… what *is* the vibe? Is it chill? Party Central? Somewhere in between?
Chill! Absolutely chill. Think: relaxed, laid-back, and "let's watch the sunset with a beer" kind of vibe. It's not a party hostel, thank goodness. More like a quiet, quirky refuge. You'll meet other travelers, but it's not a forced "let's all be friends" situation. There were nights where everyone just sat on the balcony together, silently watching the stars over the bay. It was magical to start. Then the kids began screaming. This is a family spot though. A family spot with beautiful views.
Activities! What can I *actually do* at Duli Duli (besides stare at the pretty water)?
Kayaking! Kayaking is a MUST. You can rent kayaks directly from the homestay, or they can arrange a tour for you. You paddle around the karsts, through caves… utterly breathtaking. We also went to a local fishing village, which was an eye-opening and humbling experience. They can also arrange boat trips to other parts of the bay, and cooking classes (which I’m assuming are as "rustic" as the rest of the place). Honestly though? Sometimes, just sitting on your balcony with a book, listening to the water lap against the pilings, is enough. Just be sure some of the kids don’t try to sit in your lap.
What are the staff like? Friendly? Helpful? Or… MIA?
The staff are lovely. They're genuinely friendly and very helpful, but don't expect super-slick, professional service. They're chill, relaxed, and always up for a chat. They're more like family than employees. The language barrier can be tricky (most don't speak perfect English), but they try their best and are always smiling. They’ll genuinely go out of their way to help you, even if it takes a bit of pointing and miming. One evening, I lost my phone. Panicked, I ran around the place like a headless chicken. The staff, bless their hearts, helped me search for what felt like hours. Eventually, they found it. It slipped into the most obscure spot. I gave them the biggest hug ever. They're the best. And yes, occasionally they disappear… but they always come back.
Value for money: Is Duli Duli a rip-off, or is it worth the price?
Honestly? It’s a great value. It's not the Ritz. But considering you’re right on the water in one of the most beautiful places on earth, with delicious (if sometimes suspect) food, and a genuinely authentic experience? It’s a steal. Expect to pay more for the "touristy" activities, though. Bargain. Always bargain. That’s your duty as a traveler. But for accommodation, food, and the general experience? Totally worth it.Luxury Stay Blog

