
Azure Jen & Nick's Manila Staycation: Condotel Paradise Found!
Okay, here we go, my attempt at reviewing Azure Jen & Nick's Manila Staycation: Condotel Paradise Found! – the real deal, warts and all. Buckle up, because this ain't your average, perfectly-polished hotel blurb. It's going to get messy, beautiful, and probably a little bonkers.
Azure Jen & Nick's Manila Staycation: Condotel Paradise Found! – A Review That’s…Well, Let's Just Say "Authentic"
Alright, folks, let's talk Azure. Azure Urban Resort Residences, specifically. Jen and Nick's place. "Condotel Paradise Found!" they call it, right? Well, I went. I saw. I felt. Here’s the lowdown, unfiltered, and probably a little too honest.
The Vibe: Accessibility & Getting There (and Some Initial WTF Moments)
First things first. Accessibility. This is a BIG one for me. My partner uses a wheelchair, and finding truly accessible places in Manila can feel like searching for the Holy Grail. Azure…well, it's a mixed bag. The lobby is accessible, thankfully, with ramps and elevators. That’s a win! But navigating the ENTIRE complex is… a bit of a puzzle. Some areas felt easier than others. It depended entirely on which condo unit you lucked into staying at. The pathways around the pools? Generally good. The hallways? Hit or miss, depending on the unit owner's choices. Definitely call ahead and clarify what the specific unit offers in terms of ease of movement. They really, REALLY should work harder on standardizing accessibility throughout the entire development – it's 2024!
Getting there? Easy peasy, if you're already in the city. But be prepared for Manila traffic. Plan for extra time, and definitely hire a Grab or have the hotel arrange an airport transfer. We opted for the latter, and it was a smooth ride, considering the chaos of Edsa. Car parking is available, thankfully, and free. Score! Valet parking, too, which is a lifesaver when you just want to get inside and start your relax-a-thon.
First Impressions…& A Bathroom Revelation
The initial check-in was pretty straightforward, thankfully. Contactless check-in/out is a massive plus in these post-pandemic times – less fumbling, less waiting. Let's talk about the rooms. The units themselves can vary wildly in terms of décor. Some are sleek and modern, others are… a little more "eclectic" (read: dated). But let’s get to the nitty gritty!
Room Features: The Good, the Bad, and the "Wait, Is This Real Life?"
Okay, the room itself, we were in a unit with a killer view, which is a big deal considering that's the whole point, right? You want that Instagram moment when you open the curtains. They have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! Good signal, too, for streaming and staying connected through social. I mean, it's the bare minimum in this day and age, but I'm still thankful. You also get regular Internet access – wireless (and even Internet access – LAN if you're old-school). There's an Air conditioning of course, and that's a must-have for the Manila heat. They provided Free bottled water, which is always appreciated, and a Coffee/tea maker. They even had Bathrobes and Slippers! It's the little things, huh?
The bathroom? Okay, this is where things got…interesting. The unit's bathroom was modern, though I've read some that still have bathtubs. (I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the bathtub, but I'm here for it!). Towels were fluffy, and the water pressure was decent. The mirror was decent, I guess, and I was able to see myself to get through my day. Overall, the bathroom was alright.
The Pools: Paradise…with a Few Glitches.
The pools are the draw of Azure, right? The giant, man-made beach with the waves and the…everything. I have to admit, they are pretty damn impressive. The Pool with view is something to behold, especially at sunset. (I'm serious. The sunsets in Manila can be stunning). The Swimming pool [outdoor] area is HUGE.
The biggest issue? CROWDS. It can get insanely busy, especially on weekends. Finding a decent spot to lay down some towels felt like a competitive sport at times. If peace and quiet is what you seek, this isn't it. Also, the "beach" sand? It's…fine. Don't expect pristine, white-sand perfection. It's a man-made experience, and it feels like it.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Quest for Asian Breakfast)
Okay, let's talk grub. Azure features a pretty decent selection of Restaurants (I heard they have a Vegetarian restaurant too!). Expect to walk around a bit to figure out where everything is, though. They've got everything going, the Desserts in restaurant were good, Bar, Coffee shop, Poolside bar and all that.
The quest, though, was for a good Asian breakfast. I'm talking the full Filipino spread: garlic rice, longganisa sausage, eggs, the works. The hotel's Breakfast [buffet] was a pretty standard Western affair - not bad, but not what I was craving. Luckily, there are some restaurants on-site who provided Asian breakfast options. A small win!
Things to Do and Ways to Relax (or Try To)
Things to do? Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Mostly, it's about chilling by the pool and enjoying the view. They do have a Fitness center and Gym/fitness, (you can try to burn off your buffet breakfasts). There's also a Spa, which is a tempting idea, though I didn't try it. You can probably find a Massage. They even have a Sauna, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom if you're into that kind of luxurious self-torture.
Ways to relax? This is where Azure shines, when you can properly sink into relaxation. The view is ridiculously relaxing, especially if you can snag a lounger early and stake your claim.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Worry Factor
Alright, let's get real about the elephant in the room: cleanliness and safety in a post-pandemic world. They've got the basics covered, thankfully. There's Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff seemed pretty diligent about their Staff trained in safety protocol, Daily disinfection in common areas and the Rooms sanitized between stays. I'm a bit of a germophobe, so this was a massive relief. I also liked the Cashless payment service - less physical contact is always a plus.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Adventures (and a Plea for More Authentic Options!)
They've got the usual suspects when it comes to Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Snack bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, the whole shebang. Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver when you're feeling lazy. Just be aware that the options can be a little limited.
Services and Conveniences: The Small Stuff That Matters
They offer all the usual Services and conveniences, like Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Daily housekeeping, Concierge, Luggage storage, etc. The Front desk [24-hour] is a must-have and they have an Elevator. You can even get your Invoice provided.
For the Kids: Family Fun (and the occasional toddler meltdown)
Azure is definitely Family/child friendly. There are Kids facilities and even a Babysitting service! I have no kids, but I could tell there were a lot of families there, and the kids seemed to be having a blast.
The Verdict…and the "Would I Go Back?" Question
Here's the messy, honest truth: Azure Jen & Nick's Manila Staycation has its ups and downs. The pools are gorgeous, the rooms can be great, and the convenience is undeniable. The biggest drawbacks: it can get crowded, accessibility needs improvement, and the food could be better.
Would I go back? Yes, probably. If I was looking for a quick, relatively hassle-free escape from the Manila madness, and if I was assured that the unit was a proper accessible setup, it would be a good choice. Just set your expectations accordingly. And definitely, definitely make a reservation.
---
ARE YOU READY TO PARADISE? (WITH A FEW CAVEATS, OF COURSE!)
STOP! Don't just dream about a Manila escape. Live it! Book now for Azure Jen & Nick's Manila Staycation: Condotel Paradise Found! (Yes, the name is still a work in progress, but hey, we're aiming for authentic, right?).
**Here'
George Manor Galveston: Your Galveston Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, bullet-pointed itinerary. This is a deep dive into Jen and Nick’s Manila Staycation, a hilariously messy, beautifully flawed, and utterly human adventure. Forget perfect squares and neat lines – we're embracing the wonky, the unexpected, and the sheer joy (and occasional frustration) of just being alive.
The Great Manila Staycation: Jen & Nick's Condo Chaos
Day 1: Arrival & the Eternal Quest for the AC Remote (Plus, Pizza Dreams!)
1:00 PM: Arrive at the Condotel. Okay, "arrive" is a strong word. More like, drag our luggage, which includes Jen's emergency stash of cheese puffs (don't ask), and Nick's noise-canceling headphones (he claims he needs them for "zen," but I suspect it's to drown out my singing). First Impression: The lobby looked like a set from an old 80s movie. Neon signs, plastic plants… and a LOT of very bored-looking security guards.
1:30 PM: The Condo! Finally, in the room. Or, at least, in the general vicinity of the room. The key card mysteriously didn't work the first three times. Finally got in. First impressions? Surprisingly spacious! But then…the AC remote. Gone. Vanished. An evil imp had stolen it. 15 minutes of frantic searching. Finally found it! (In the drawer next to the hairdryer, naturally.) Celebratory sigh of relief.
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Unpack! Not really. More like, fling clothes into the closet and immediately start judging the bedspread, which, let’s just say, lacked a certain je ne sais quoi. Nick, already sprawled dramatically on the bed, declared, "This calls for pizza." Pizza dreams: manifested.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Pizza Quest Part 1: Ordering. The local pizza place, a place called "Pizza Fiesta," had a website designed in what I’m guessing was the late 90s. After 20 minutes of struggling with it, Nick called. The person on the phone sounded like they were also having an existential crisis. “Yes, sir. Pizza? What’s toppings, sir? Yes sir. Okay.” 45 minutes. We wait.
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Pizza Quest Part 2: Arrival and Chaos. It arrived. Slightly squished. Toppings mismatched. Nick took a giant bite…and his eyes widened. "This," he announced, voice thick with awe, "is the best pizza I've tasted in, like, years." I took a bite. It was… okay. But hey, the man’s happy. And the cheese puffs were working their magic.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Chill time. "Relaxation Mode: Activate!" Attempted meditation (Nick actually fell asleep). Failed attempt at watching a movie. The TV kept buffering. Ended up just chatting and laughing. Actually, it was lovely. Maybe this staycation thing has potential.
7:00 PM: Dinner: Decided to try "that famous, super-expensive restaurant across the street." Huge mistake. Massive queues. The food was pretentious and cold. The service, slower than molasses in January. I swear I saw the waiter sigh because we only ordered appetizers. Note to self: Never again!
9:00 PM: Bedtime. Jen's already passed out, and Nick, still buzzing from the Pizza Fiesta, is doing a crossword puzzle. I’M SO TIRED. But also… I’m happy. This whole messy trip has a special kind of charm.
Day 2: Culture Shock (and a Terrible Karaoke Tragedy)
8:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of Manila traffic. It's a symphony of horns, sputtering engines, and the occasional rogue rooster. But the light coming through the window is lovely.
9:00 AM: Breakfast: A buffet! Food coma impending! I was so happy, I was almost brought to tears. They had sushi! And the mangoes were perfect. Nick’s still attempting to make small talk with the hotel staff.
10:00 AM: We go to the Intramuros. We went there and was happy the way people were roaming around riding a bamboo bike.
12:00 PM: Karaoke. Nick’s idea. Pure. Pure. Unadulterated. Nightmare. We stumbled into a karaoke place in the neighbourhood.
- We started with a duet. I (Jen) sang a Mariah Carey song. Nick, bless his heart, did a passable Michael Bublé impression. We weren’t terrible… at first.
- Then, Nick made a mistake. He picked a song he didn’t know. He started off trying to sing by the lyrics on the screen but it was hard. He skipped the intro and started to sing the full song. People were laughing.
- It was a disaster. A beautiful, hilarious, mortifying disaster. I almost started laughing. Finally, we stopped singing. We asked for the bill and left. Karaoke night.
3:00 PM: We went back to the hotel and ordered a massage.
5:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was average, the ambience was decent, and we were both too tired to care. We bickered a bit about who hogged the remote.
7:00 PM: Back to the room. Nick, still humming the melody of the song's tune, starts doing some random humming. I started to dance. It was really relaxing.
9:00 PM: Sleep. Another beautiful day.
Day 3: Departure & the Promise of Pizza, Again.
9:00 AM: Wake up slowly. The thought of leaving is oddly bittersweet. Manila, in all its chaotic glory, has somehow wormed its way into my heart.
10:00 AM: Breakfast, again! This time, a more modest approach. No more sushi-induced food comas.
11:00 AM: Check-out. Surprisingly smooth. The staff, after all, are used to our brand of chaos.
12:00 PM: Head to the airport.
- We made a promise. Our next staycation? Pizza. And another karaoke night… after Nick's vocal training. This time.
- We walked out of the condotel. We still have many memories to uncover.
The Takeaway:
Look, this staycation wasn't perfect. It was messy, unpredictable, and punctuated by moments of sheer, unadulterated silliness. But in its imperfections, it became something truly special. We laughed, we ate, we stumbled, and we created memories that, pizza-induced nausea aside, will last a lifetime. And that, my friends, is a perfect vacation. Or, at least, a perfect Jen & Nick vacation.
Unveiling Villa Maria Cristina: Caserta's Hidden Italian Gem
Azure Jen & Nick's Manila Staycation: Condotel Paradise...Or Just a Really Good Pool? (Let's Be Honest)
Okay, Spill the Beans: Was Azure Truly *Paradise*? Because, Let's Be Real, Manila Traffic...
Alright, alright! "Paradise" is a strong word. Let's just say it was a really, *really* good escape from the usual Manila grind. Paradise implies effortless bliss, and well...getting there was a *journey*. Nick, bless his heart, insisted on the "shortcut" through Pasay. Let me tell you, that "shortcut" involved more honking and exhaust fumes than I could've imagined! We probably spent longer in the car than we did in the actual condotel! But... once we parked, and *especially* once we saw the pool? Yeah, some of the stress melted away. So, not *paradise* paradise, but definitely a "holy crap, I need this" kind of paradise.
The Pool. We Saw the Pictures. Is it as Glorious in Real Life? (And Be Honest, Did You Instagram It?)
The pool. Okay, the pool. Prepare yourselves. It *was* glorious. Like, "I might actually relocate here and live in a bathrobe" glorious. The pictures don't quite do it justice. They're good, don't get me wrong, but the sheer scale, the perfect blue... it's stunning. Yes, I Instagrammed it. Multiple times. Guilty. But seriously, I think I spent a solid three hours just floating around, staring up at the sky. Nick, of course, was busy trying to perfect his cannonball. Let's just say the splash zone was...extensive. I nearly lost my sunglasses.
The Condotel Itself: Was it as Swanky as it Looked in the Ads? Any Real-Life Disaster Stories? (We're Ready for Them)
Okay, so the condotel – the *actual* place we slept! – was...nice. Probably not as swanky as the ads made it seem, honestly. The decor was a little... well, let's call it "aspirational luxury." Like someone *really* wanted to create a modern space, but maybe ran out of budget for the finishing touches. The bed was comfy, though! That's the important part. And the view? Absolutely breathtaking, especially at sunset.
Disaster? Oh, there was a small one. We tried to make coffee in the morning. Turns out, the coffee maker had a...a personality. It decided to explode hot water everywhere. Seriously! We're talking a mini-geyser of scalding liquid. Nick, in his sleepy state, nearly jumped out of his skin. I, on the other hand, started laughing hysterically. It was just the absurdity of it all. We ended up ordering room service coffee, which, of course, was probably more expensive than the entire appliance. But hey, at least my face wasn't red from scrubbing a coffee disaster from the floors.
Food, Glorious Food! What's the Verdict on the Dining Options at Azure? (Because I'm a Glutton for Punishment...and Tacos)
Food... okay. The options were... decent. There was a cafe with the usual stuff - coffee, pastries, sandwiches. Nothing mind-blowing, but perfectly adequate. They had a restaurant too, but it was *pricey*. Like, "should we just eat instant noodles in the room?" pricey. I did get some delicious tacos. They were the highlight of the food journey, though. And of course, there was room service. Which brings us back to the coffee maker incident...
Beyond the Pool and the Room, What Else is There to Do at Azure? (Besides Avoiding Manila Traffic Again)
Well, the pool is the main event. Seriously. You could pretty much spend your entire stay there and be perfectly content. They had a gym, which, let's be honest, we didn't use. We were on vacation! There was a convenience store, which was useful for snacks and emergency supplies (like chips for the pool). And...that was about it. The beauty of Azure is the simplicity. You go for the pool, you de-stress, you *maybe* read a book (if you're into that sort of thing). But really? It's all about the pool.
Okay, Real Talk: Would You Recommend Azure for a Staycation? What Are the Biggest Pros and Cons?
Okay, the brutally honest truth? Yes, I would recommend it... *with caveats*.
Pros: The pool is *amazing*. Seriously, it's worth the trip alone. The view is fantastic. It's a good escape from the city, even if the escape itself is a bit stressful. And the bed was comfy (crucial!).
Cons: Manila traffic. The "luxury" is a bit...questionable. Some things are over-priced. And the coffee maker. Dear Lord, the coffee maker.
Ultimately, if you're looking for a quick escape and a place to relax by a stunning pool, Azure is a good choice. Just be prepared for a bit of a rollercoaster ride. And maybe pack your own coffee. Seriously, pack your own coffee.
One Last Thing: Any Advice for Those Considering an Azure Staycation? Like, Seriously, Any Wisdom?
Okay, here’s my (mostly) sage advice, based on the wisdom I gleaned in the heat of the moment (and the coffee maker’s eruption):
1. Embrace the Pool: That's why you're going. Just go with it. Float. Soak it in. Become one with the water.
2. Traffic, Traffic, Traffic: Plan your travel. Or, better yet, arrive early and stay late. Maximize your pool time!
3. Pack Some Snacks: Because, trust me, you don’t want to rely entirely on the convenience store... or your wallet.
4. Bring Your Own Coffee: Seriously. Just do it. Unless you want to become intimately acquainted with room service prices.
5. Relax and Enjoy: Manila can be exhausting. The journey might be longer than expected. But enjoy the trip! Even if everything goes wrong, you, at least, will experience it. (I made my self blush here!) Infinity Inns

